The Medical Association of Malta
The principal purpose of the MAM shall be to regulate relations between members in the profession.
THE MEDICAL ASSOCIATION OF MALTA
Introducing the Association
MAM was founded on the 3rd of February 1954 as the Medical Officers Union, by Dr Censu Tabone. Dr Tabone became the first President, serving from 1954 to 1962.
About the council
The MAM Council has 11 members;
- General Secretary
- International Secretary
- Health Centre GP’s representative
- Consultant’s Representative
- Resident Specialist and Higher Specialist Trainee Representative
- Foundation Year Doctor and Basic Specialist Trainee Representative
- Doctors in Private practice Representative
- Miscellaneous category representative.
Representation in medico-legal and disciplinary proceedings. Including 1 free consultation with MAM’s lawyer.
A range of discounts on home loans and pension plans from APS.
Assistance with Negotiations
Representation in negotiations for pay and conditions for work.